Friday, March 25, 2011

Food = FUEL

Hi Friends!! FINALLY getting back on schedule from getting home from my awesome Dallas trip and getting to post again!! I have been getting a TON of questions about dieting and my diet etc. so I wanted to just give everyone an idea of what my training diet looks like! Some people get freaked out with the word "DIET" shoot, I used to be one of em! I tell my friends at the gym this all the time, your diet is what you eat, weather your diet is McDonald's and Burger King drive-thru, or your diet is whatever your family is eating, whatever your eating is what YOUR diet is, so STOP letting the word freak you out! Mind over matter, it's allllll mental baby!  There are sooooo many different diets that people do for many different reasons, and I want to point out that there is no "cookie cutter" plan that works for everyone.  The diet that I had made for me is different than other girls training do, and what might work for one person might not work for another! At the same time, it's pretty simple...calories in versus calories out and YES...YOU HAVE TO EAT TO LOSE WEIGHT!!!!! (amazing I know, right?)

Ok, so 12 weeks out, this is what my diet looks like:
  • 7am: Protein pancake
  • 9-9:30am: Protein Shake, 1 tbsp natural pb
  • 11:30-12:30pm: 4oz Chicken, 1 tbsp pb
  • Pre-workout: 46g Cheerios, 130-132g banana, 4oz Chicken (obviously my favorite meal cause it's the most carbs!!)
  • During workout: Protein Shake
  • Post workout: 3oz sirloin, 1 serving brown rice, 1 nutrigrain bar
  • 9pm-10pm: 114g 1% cottage cheese, protein shake
And you guys act like I don't eat....PAAALEASE!! What I have learned so far, is the easier the better, make foods that your going to get the most bang for your buck and can make in bulk once a week so you don't have to worry about "hmm, well what am I gonna eat tonight??" That was the time I would snack the most, WHILE making dinner cause I was so hungry!! I never thought I'd be able to eat the same things most days of the week but each week I have one thing in there that I really look forward to eating, and learn that I'm no longer eating for pleasure like I used to or cause I'm bored, I'm eating for FUEL!! Then once every 8 days I get a "re-feed" day which are my FAVORITE!! My carbs go way up while protein and fat for the day decrease.  And there ya have it....simple right??  : )

Even though many of you aren't training, what's wrong with still setting a goal! It doesn't even have to be about "Ok, I'm not gonna eat ANY candy this week" Be realistic with yourself and make a goal that is reasonable but still pushes you, write it down so you can see what you want to do, and OWN IT!!! Sounds cheesy I know, but it's a pretty damn good feeling when you stick to it and after can be like BOOM, DONE....what's next???  Doing little things like that might take you out of your comfort zone for a minute but it sure does make you appreciate it a lot more and you will feel so much more confident in yourself EVERY time!! 


Thanks to everyone's positive feedback from this! Ya'll know I LOVE to talk so I'm super excited about this and LOVE to help in any way I can!! : )


Till next time <3



No comments:

Post a Comment