Monday, March 21, 2011

HEY HEY HEY!!!!

Hi, hey, hey, hi!!! I never thought I'd be blogging, but I never thought I'd be doing a lot of things that I'm doing now in my life either, so I thought...WHY NOT!!! I wanted to start this because I am 12 weeks away from competing in my first figure competition and I've been getting so many questions about it, so I thought this could be a way for my friends and family to be apart of this new journey for me as well!  I wanted to start off with some answers to a lot of common questions I have been getting...

  • NO, I'm not trying to be anorexic 
  • NO, I don't just eat chicken and broccoli
  • NO, I'm not trying to look like a dude
  • NO, I can't have just ONE piece of cake, or just ONE drink
  • and YES, it's been really tough but I'm LOVING it!!!! : ) 
I love all the interest people have in what I am doing, but I know a lot of people don't understand it.  For me, it's not about losing weight, being skinny, etc.  It's about setting a goal, putting in the work, staying motivated to be in control of your body and seeing what you are able to do!   I tell my family and friends this all the time when they ask how I'm doing and it's never easy! I say, "if only you could hear the conversations I have with myself and EVERY meal...oh you can have one cookie, you look great..Maddy don't be stupid, no you can't!" And I know I complain about it a lot but I wouldn't change my decision for anything! I feel better then ever, and even if my body hasn't changed a significant amount yet, being able to push myself more each week, adding that 5lbs more than you did last week, making it through yet another day of eating clean, and staying positive with all my amazing friends and family supporting me 110% makes it all worth it!  


I hope with this blog if anything it just shows people that if you put your mind to something and set that goal, write it down, and stay disciplined you can do ANYTHING! I never thought I would last a week without chocolate or that occasional glass of wine after a long day.  But it's such a powerful feeling when you realize a month has gone by and you've DONE IT!!!! 


Excited for this!! Until next time ; )

2 comments:

  1. I'm so proud of you Maddy!! You are an inspiration as well...miss seeing you! Looking forward to the days I can see you friends again. Hahaha that made me laugh about the conversations you have with yourself! I have those too. Lol. Keep this up, I will def be tuning in! June 2011....woop!!! Love ya sista.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well I feel like a horrible friend for not knowing that you are on this journey! But GOOD FOR YOU! I'm very proud :) I'm anxious to keep reading!!

    ReplyDelete