Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Taking the Good With the Bad

Hi friends!!  Half way done with my 6th week of training and as much as time seems to be dragging, it also seems to be goin by fast!!  Being new to this I'm trying to learn the ropes and I've met and talked to SOOO many amazing figure girls along the way that have been so helpful with every annoying question I have had, I am so thankful and appreciative for them!  Everyone has different ideas, helpful hints, and suggestions on everything from suits, to diet ideas, to the super sweet shoes for posing that I ordered today (YAY) that keep me motivated to achieve my goal!

On a side note, I promised you guys I would always keep it real and I wanted to share my week!  As annoyingly positive as I usually always am, this week has had it's ups and downs for me.  My emotions have definitely been getting the best of me this week and things that usually I just shake off or make a sarcastic remark about just irritate me and I let it get to me.  Last night was the perfect example, rocked my deadlifts, hit my max weight that I did the week before plus some on majority of my lifts, then towards the end, I couldnt do as much on a couple lifts as I had done the week before.  And if you guys know me, I HATE the feeling that I can't do something! If you tell me I can't, I'm going to try my damn-dist to prove you wrong!   Soooo I got super frustrated with it, and I let my emotions get the best of me and had a bit of a breakdown! I don't know if it's part of being a girl mixed with the diet and tough training but some days it seems I can cry at the drop of a hat...and I won't even know what I'm upset about! Lol, but after I had my little pity party, I thought about how far I have come already, and I need to realize that ya...sometimes you're going to have an off day, or a day that even though you're giving it all you got, but you might have been able to do more a week before!  I never really thought to much into having a bad lifting day or an off day before training but I've been told it's ok and it happens! So I tried to focus on the good things that have already came out of this in the last 5 weeks; 

I am finally starting to feel like I am leaning out a bit, even though I have a LONG way to go, my pictures have shown progress and people seem to be noticing as well cause this week I have had so much encouragement and positive comments from my friends and people at the gym.  I was measured today and in the past two weeks I have finally started to see my weight drop a bit (4lbs) my body fat is down, my chest has decreased 1 inch (flatter than flat now...) and 1/2inch on my stomach, and my thighs and biceps have increased! I am definitely not a patient person and everybody I know wants instant results, shoot, I do it every time I get on the scale! I'm like "ok...haven't had a candy bar in 5 weeks...why is my weight not down cause when I DO eat one it seems to go RIGHT up!" Haha, and there are those conversations again, but slowly and surely, I am starting to see the fruits of my hard ass labor!

Ya seeing the actual physical changes encourage me, but it's also my determination to do this for ME, win or lose! I've noticed it not only changes your body, but your mind set on different aspects in your every day life as well!  Of course I have days where I am tired and don't want to go to the gym and just lay in my bed all day, say screw this and eat that giant stack of girl scout cookies in my cupboard, I'm normal!! But I CAN'T and I WON'T, I have come farther than I EVER thought I would! So on those days when the hardest part is just driving to the gym, you gotta suck it up, quit bitchin and DO WORK cause I refuse to quit!!  

Set your mind to accomplishing your goals and live by it friends!!! You can do sooooo much more than you think you can do!!! : )

<3 Maddy

No comments:

Post a Comment